Friday, March 1, 2013

My Brand Journey...just 2 seconds.



Just met Mark Stephenson, Managing Director of Sandstorm Kenya. Now, if you do not know Sandstorm (www.sandstormkenya.com), get out of the hole you are in and head to their nearest outlet and check out their store and products. The leather products they produce are unbelievable.

Anyway, after Mark took a photo of the huge Dormans artwork on their feature wall, posted it on Instagram, being tagged on the photo by one of my friends who recognized my beard, I walked over to introduce myself. *Power of social media*

After pleasantries and banter, we exchanged business cards. A genuine leather business card. Now, if your five senses have had the pleasure of experiencing Sandstorm products, you can imagine the sensory brand journey going on in my head. U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E. The transformation from Dormans Karen to holding the Sandstorm tan satchel bag (http://www.sandstormkenya.com/store/satchel-bag-p-149.html) at their Junction mall and back to Dormans Karen in under 2 seconds....businesses can only dream of replicating such experiences from their customers. 

I've attached Marks card and mine just for a comparison, but this picture isn't worth a thousand words.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kiragu! When you get a moment drop me a line; I'd like to take you round the factory... not enough Nairobians know that we make all our beautiful things on their doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. First, apologies for the late reply. My comments link to my email wasn't working.

    And I'll take you up on your offer for the factory visit. I'd really love and appreciate it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete